Sunday 29 June 2014

Painting: My Passion


Painting: My Passion

        "Painting is one of the most rewarding ways to artistically express yourself"

I am an hobby artist and I am very passionate about painting and idol making. I am not a professional painter but still I can manage with my paintings. In this blog I am going to show you some of my paintings that I have done in my free time.

Acrylic painting:


     Acrylics differ from oil paints in that they have shorter drying times (as little as 10 minutes) and are soluble in water.One of the best things about acrylic is its versatility, and abstract painting provides the freedom to explore!. This is a small introduction to acrylic paint. 

     I often prefer acrylic paint because they dry faster on canvas/drawing paper than oil paints due to their polymer base which produces a kind of plastic layer once it dried. However, in some circumstances, the I may want the paint to stay moist for longer time, as I am a hobby painter. A trick to keep paints from drying out is to spray a light mist of water over them occasionally.


Acrylic Painting

      Initially I have drawn a sketch for my painting of Lord Shiva. I have used grid method for this sketch. Then the next step that I did is to develop a thin coat of white primer. This helps to blend the subsequent colors effectively. Then I went on painting my sketch till I get the required flesh color. The one thing that I loved in acrylic painting is that one can have N-number of layers of colors. If we go for watercolor then after 3-4 coating, you will end up with a kind of muddy layer. So, I always love this acrylic paints. One more interesting thing is that acrylic paintings lasts longer than oil paintings. Oil paintings turns dim after few years but acrylic painting retains the same beauty for longer time. So, here is my end result of my painting.

Watercolor Painting:


     As a hobby painter I have done some of the paintings. Watercolor is a best choice for those who are new to painting field. The advantage of the water color paint is that its slow drying nature which helps in blending the colors very easily. Also it is non-toxic in nature and of course no need of extra medium other than water to blend the color.

     As a hobby painter I don't want to complete my paintings within a day, and I can't able to paint continuously for two and three hours. I usually prefer to take gap of couple of minutes after every half an hour or so. So, I prefer water color  as the brush are not hardened quickly which reduces my brush-maintenance problem.


Watercolor Painting
      I have done many watercolor paintings but I do not have the pic of all those paintings. The above one is Lord Ganesha painting using watercolor paint. I have the habit of framing the paintings as I love paintings. For this painting also I have used OHP sheet for framing. If possible I will upload some of my watercolor paintings as soon as possible.

Pencil Sketch:


     Pencil is the best choice for those who are new to the painting. As a beginner I have done some of the pencil sketches which includes the portrait sketch of celebrities, comics etc,. As I love making the mistakes, I prefer pencil sketch over pen sketch.

     Here are some of my pencil sketches. First one is the sketch of my favorite actress 'Priety Zinta' special I have drawn this because of her cute face and lovely smile. Also I have drawn an hollywood actress. In this sketch I specially focused on the hair part. I spent more time in drawing her hair only. I tried my best to give a natural look for the hair.



Pencil Sketch of Celebrities
     As I am not a professional artist I have used grids for reference to draw the these portrait pics.Also I have drawn some comic faces, in this blog I have uploaded only one of them i.e Manga face.
Pencil Sketch: Eye & Manga Comic Character


Pen Sketch:


     I have done some of the sketches using ball pen. One of the advantage of using pen is to get more smooth sketch with nice outlines but the problem is with the shading part. This is a pen sketch of an Indian bride. As I told I am able to have smooth outline for my sketch but the shading part is not up to the mark.                          

Pen Sketch of an Indian bride


visit art gallery to see the more pics.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

BigBhand. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com